Older versions - still available for download?

For your questions about Installation & Configuration.
David Troxell - ESW

Older versions - still available for download?

Postby David Troxell - ESW » 07.06.2006 10:34

First of all, a very hearty thank you to Johannes Oppermann for making this extremely useful blog tool.

I recently installed Version 2.6, and I'm having some problems loading previously SENT blogs and editing them.

I was using Version 2.1 and had no problems editing SENT blogs and was quite satisfied with that particular version. However, I deleted the V2.1 install, and was wondering if that download was still available.

In any version, it would be nice for the user to choose the data folder during installation.

Thanks in advance,
David Troxell - http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/

Johannes
BlogDesk

Re: Older versions - still available for download?

Postby Johannes » 07.06.2006 10:57

David Troxell - ESW wrote:I recently installed Version 2.6, and I'm having some problems loading previously SENT blogs and editing them.

Can you tell me more about those problems?

David Troxell - ESW wrote:In any version, it would be nice for the user to choose the data folder during installation.

This would confuse the normal user. Advanced users can manually set the data folder (see chapter Application Path & User Path in the Help).

David Troxell - ESW

Re: Older versions - still available for download?

Postby David Troxell - ESW » 07.06.2006 18:34

Johannes wrote:
David Troxell - ESW wrote:I recently installed Version 2.6, and I'm having some problems loading previously SENT blogs and editing them.

Can you tell me more about those problems?

Open program

This 1st method won't work for me.

click on open file icon

click on published post tab - shows sent list

select file

try to change title - won't let me edit

Retry

This 2nd method works for me.

click on open file icon

click on Folder button - Open Post window

Browse for folder window - click on Sent

select file

NOW I can edit

When I tried the 1st method and it didn't work, I was so frustrated because although v2.1 worked slightly different, I thought it quit editing SENT posts in V2.6 UNTIL I tried the 2nd method.

David Troxell - ESW wrote:In any version, it would be nice for the user to choose the data folder during installation.

Johannes wrote:This would confuse the normal user. Advanced users can manually set the data folder (see chapter Application Path & User Path in the Help).

Yes, I agree - it took about 5 seconds after I read the help - your program is very user friendly and intuitive - guess I thought I should have figured it out from the interface or changing it wasn't an option...

Johannes
BlogDesk

Postby Johannes » 07.06.2006 18:42

If you open a post that has been published, this post is read-only. Just press Save after opening, then you get a new version of this post and you can change everything.

David Troxell - ESW

Postby David Troxell - ESW » 07.06.2006 19:42

Johannes wrote:If you open a post that has been published, this post is read-only. Just press Save after opening, then you get a new version of this post and you can change everything.

Thank you - I guess (bashfully) I really need to start reading the help file.

I added this reference to the sidebar of my company blog site - BlogDesk - Recommended WordPress Offline Editor - I wish you well with this software.

Return to “Installation & Configuration”