Could not connect to Server through BlogDesk

For your questions about Installation & Configuration.
Rok

Could not connect to Server through BlogDesk

Postby Rok » 25.09.2006 04:01

Hi,

I have been blogging and using Blog Desktop Clients for about 2 years, and during this period, I have created and run successfully my blogs on many Free, and paid services, but I have never faced problem in getting my blog connected through Blog Desktop clients, for e.g. BlogDesk etc.

I am in process of shifting my blog to another ISP, I have uploaded everything there.

When I try to establish a connection to my blog through BlogDesk, I gets the following quoted error:

Error:
could not connect to the server, try again later.

My new blog adddress: www.ditl.be/blog,

This is what I have been feeding in:

config details:

blog type: WordPress
host: www.ditl.be
path to xmlrpc.php file: /blog/xmlrpc.php
port: 80

WordPress username: xyz
pass: xyz

PS: In the host option above, I have tried http://ditl.be, http://www.ditl.be, www.ditl.be, ditl.be

but to no avail.

I have written about this problem to the ISP, and continously having a discussion on this topic with them. You can read this Post.

On the first impression, the thought, I am trying to establish a Remote SQL connection, they deined, which is quite obvious, as no ISP allows remote SQL operation on their Servers.

Later on, I cleared their doubts, that I am only trying to establish a connection to my WordPress account using normal WordPress user name /Password through xmlrpc.php file to make Posting. And it doesn't contact SQL, and simply sends HTTP Post request, using xmlrpc.php.

Finally after lots of writes and reply's, I have been asked by the Adminsitrator to furnish the following details:

please give the exact semantics of what you are trying to achieve with xmlrpc / to support@byethost.com , also , please mark it for my attention ( i do keep in the loop)

if possible please send the http headers you are sending to the web servers also, as some badly formated headers could cause the 500 error .

Now, I don't want any further delay, as I have apart from posting on the Forum , written twice to support also.

I would like to request you to please provide me the exact and most relevant details, so I can write them to get the things solved at first attempt, rather than going throguh of re-requesting and furnishing details again and again.

Please help me?

Regards,
Rok...

Johannes
BlogDesk

Postby Johannes » 25.09.2006 09:01

Do the following:

1) Enter a Debug-File under Extras/Options in the tab Extras.
2) Try to publish a post.
3) In the Debug-File you can see now what BlogDesk is sending to xmlrpc.php
4) You can now delete the entry for the Debug-File in the options.

Rok

Postby Rok » 25.09.2006 21:47

Enter a Debug-File under Extras/Options in the tab Extras.

1. You mean to place a simple txt file named as debug.txt or any special file.

2. But "how would I publish a post, when it's not even able to establish a conncetion with the blog?" Becasue wheneve I try to configure this blog, I always gets:

Error:
could not connect to the server, try again later.

Johannes
BlogDesk

Postby Johannes » 26.09.2006 11:23

1. You mean to place a simple txt file named as debug.txt or any special file.

Use debug.txt, BlogDesk will then create the file.

Error: could not connect to the server, try again later.

Maybe you have some Firewall running that does not let BlogDesk connect to the server?
Also: Open your Internet Explorer and ensure that File/Offline mode is not activated.

Rok

Postby Rok » 27.09.2006 21:54

Definitely, I am running Firewall et.c at my PC, but the problem is not at my end, it's with the ISP, they have blocked many sockets, and thus nothing working on my Blog i.e. My WordPress Admin Panel functionality's are not working 100%, I cann't access my Blog Pages, my Blog Feeds etc. i.e. least to say, I think they have never hosted WordPress and this is their first time.

All that I can access is my main page and that too, when I had written to them, as it was too generating 500, 400, or 301 error.

I am dependent on Free ISP services, as I am currently not in a position to afforad paid up services. I think better search some other Free reliable ISP to move on.

Return to “Installation & Configuration”