getting WININET.dll error (12002) after reinstall

For your questions about Installation & Configuration.
spederson

getting WININET.dll error (12002) after reinstall

Postby spederson » 04.09.2008 05:03

I recently did a clean Windows reinstall and ever since, have been unable to get Blogdesk to work with my Wordpress blog (on my own domain, hosted by aiso.net). I had written down all the settings beforehand and everything has been faithfully recreated. Blogdesk was posting just fine before I reintstalled. I can still post through the Wordpress dashboard just fine.

Here are the error messages:

Blogdesk (setting up Direct update, when you try to either obtain a Blog-ID (which it obtained no problem when I first installed the program months ago) or upload the test image): An error occurred while transferring the image. Please check your input and try again. XML parser has reported a WININET.dll error, description is 12002 - The operation timed out.

Blogdesk (setting up FTP): An error occurred while transferring the image. Please check your input and try again. Error uploading images. Error connecting to www.vert-a-go.com. The specified operation has timed out (-2147211444)

I can upload files using my Windows FTP connection just fine. My site itself (www.vert-a-go.com) loads quickly. I have tried 3 different blogging clients and they all give me similar timeout errors. I tried setting up my husband's Wordpress blog (it has a different host) and it worked fine. My host is not being helpful. Do you have any ideas what could be causing the problem?

Thank you very much!

Johannes
BlogDesk

Postby Johannes » 04.09.2008 09:47

Do I understand you correctly: using BlogDesk on your machine...
1) ... gives an error when connecting to blog A on server A
2) ... works fine when connecting to blog B on server B?

spederson

Postby spederson » 04.09.2008 16:01

That is correct!

Johannes
BlogDesk

Postby Johannes » 08.09.2008 20:13

Update: after changing some mails with spederson it seems that the server is involved, but we couldn't find the cause nor a solution.

Return to “Installation & Configuration”