Preview in the actual environment?

For your questions about using BlogDesk.
halinagold

Preview in the actual environment?

Postby halinagold » 01.05.2007 11:18

I don't understand the Preview mode in the View bar. To me, it looks the same as Normal view. How is it supposed to work?

At the same time, I really miss being able to see my draft as it will appear in the actual blog theme. Is that possible in any way?

As it is now, I publish the new post, and then vew it on the actual blog and then hurry to edit whatever problems show up at that time (and hope no one has seen it yet. :-)).

I have the latest version of BD, IE 7 and my blogs are all latest version of Wordpress (hosted on my server).

Thank you -

Halina

Johannes
BlogDesk

Re: Preview in the actual environment?

Postby Johannes » 01.05.2007 11:29

halinagold wrote:I don't understand the Preview mode in the View bar. To me, it looks the same as Normal view. How is it supposed to work?

It works like described in the Help: The third view (Preview) is more or less the same as the normal view, but it's just a view, you can't edit the text. Moreover, when you click a link, the corresponding page will be opened in the default browser.

halinagold wrote:At the same time, I really miss being able to see my draft as it will appear in the actual blog theme. Is that possible in any way?

Not in a 100% way, but you can edit the CSS files that BlogDesk uses to render the post. Search for Master-Templates in the Help.

halinagold

Postby halinagold » 01.05.2007 14:03

Thanks for the info.

I'd like to be able to see the post as it will be in the blog, with header and sidebars and the whole lot. I guess that's too complicated...

Halina

Return to “Using BlogDesk”