Lost edditted posts

If you want to report a bug.
Nazareth

Lost edditted posts

Postby Nazareth » 25.07.2006 02:16

Hello- When I go to edit an already published post, it doesn't post it on my blog- the post disappears. I can publish new posts just fine, but can't edit already published posts. It will bring up the lsit of all posts, I'll choose one, edit it, then publish it, but it doesn't show up, the old post is even gone

Johannes
BlogDesk

Postby Johannes » 25.07.2006 11:06

This probably has to do with the timestamp - the article is not gone, but with a different timestamp it will appear at a different location after beeing republished.

Do you use the current version of BlogDesk (2.6.300)? There was a timestamp related bug that has been fixed.

Which blog system do you use, WordPress?

If you open an already published post in BlogDesk, which timestamp gets displayed in the Change Date & Time option?

aloony

Re: Lost edditted posts

Postby aloony » 06.11.2006 17:51

Nazareth wrote:Hello- When I go to edit an already published post, it doesn't post it on my blog- the post disappears. I can publish new posts just fine, but can't edit already published posts. It will bring up the lsit of all posts, I'll choose one, edit it, then publish it, but it doesn't show up, the old post is even gone

I'm having the same or similar problem. I did several things before I noticed the new post was missing, so I'm not sure how I got to this point, but I did edit it and republish it and it's missing from WordPress.

No, it's not somewhere else in the list.

Yes, I'm using version 2.6 build 300

aloony

Postby aloony » 08.11.2006 00:24

I can confirm now, when I edit a post and repost the edited version it disappears from the presentation page.

Apparently it is on the server somewhere because when I go to the Manage function in Dashboard it's listed, but it doesn't appear on the blog page.

Johannes
BlogDesk

Postby Johannes » 08.11.2006 00:30

It would be interesting to know if the same thing happens when you use some other weblog client like Qumana, BlogJet or wbloggar.

halinagold

Postby halinagold » 12.11.2006 14:04

I use the latest version of Blogdesk and this happens when I forget to uncheck the Change Timestamp field. Unfortunately, it's set to checked by default and creates the problem described by you guys.

I can still access the post from the system - it's just not visible on the blog. The way to fix this is:

1. Open the post in Wordpress admin
2. Copy the content to a file
3. Delete the post through Wordpress admin
4. Paste the content into an entirely new post
5. Publish the post

Best wishes

Return to “Bugs & Problems”