"Parse error - not well formed" on Post to WP

If you want to report a bug.
bjorn@bie.no

"Parse error - not well formed" on Post to WP

Postby bjorn@bie.no » 20.09.2006 17:12

Hi I just installed BlogDesk and absolutely love it! :D

So I spent 40 minutes writing a great blogpost and adding a lot of images etc.

..but when I was posting it I get:

"Error transferring the post to the server
Parse error - not well formed"

I also got this on the images if I used DirectUpload, even though the test worked.

Anyone know what the problem might be?

- bjorn

Johannes
BlogDesk

Postby Johannes » 04.10.2006 11:17

We exchanged a lot of emails but did not found a solution. This problem remains unsolved for the moment.

cloudysunshine

I'm getting a similar error message

Postby cloudysunshine » 06.10.2006 18:16

Not sure if some extra information helps, but I'm getting a similar error message when trying to upload a post:

An error occured while uploading the post.
Error transfering the post to the server.
Errorcode: -32700
parse error. not well formed

I'm using Wordpress, BTW. Hopefully we can find out what is causing this parse error.

Great job on this program! I can't wait to use it.

wizbit

Postby wizbit » 09.10.2006 23:29

I've had this error and I solved the problem by finding three full stops (as in "...") in my post had converted to another character and that stopped me from posting.

Not sure if you have this in your post but after changing them back to 3 individual "." it fixed the problem and posted fine.

cloudysunshine

Postby cloudysunshine » 18.10.2006 16:59

wizbit wrote:I've had this error and I solved the problem by finding three full stops (as in "...") in my post had converted to another character and that stopped me from posting.

Not sure if you have this in your post but after changing them back to 3 individual "." it fixed the problem and posted fine.
Hi wizbit. Thanks for your help. I don't think it has to do with any characters I'm using cause it happens when the post only contains the following content:

title: test

cloudysunshine

Postby cloudysunshine » 19.10.2006 20:31

Well, Johannes has helped me out a lot, and it seems he found my problem. My login password had too many characters. After I shortened it down to 10 characters, everything worked fine. So if anyone ever has a similar problem to mine, try shortening your password and see if that works. Johannes, thanks again for your help with this awesome program!

Return to “Bugs & Problems”