Bug in spell checker

If you want to report a bug.
WT

Bug in spell checker

Postby WT » 14.04.2007 20:47

I noticed that the spell checker in BlogDesk does not recognize apostrophe's if the text was not written in BlogDesk originally. For example I have some old posts originally written in Word that I pasted from Word into Notepad to remove the formatting, then pasted into BlogDesk.

For example, the word "don't" will be flagged as misspelled and in the box for the word that is unrecognized it will be shown as "dont" without the apostrophe. It is not a big issue, maybe not even a bug, but it is annoying to have to click "ignore" several times for each document.

WT

Postby WT » 25.04.2007 06:55

This follow up is a question, not a real critique. I love BlogDesk so far, but wonder about the spell checker.

I have now used BlogDesk for a while and have noticed the difficulty the spell checker has with many common English words. This is in addition to the bug noted in my previous post.

For now, I either copy the text out of BlogDesk, spell check it externally and make the changes manually in BlogDesk, or upload posts to my site without publishing and spell check it there.

I am curious as to why the spell checker in BlogDesk has these difficulties. Are spell checkers something you need to pay for to use in your software so the good ones are very expensive? If yes, this would explain it! :-)

Johannes
BlogDesk

Postby Johannes » 25.04.2007 10:03

WT wrote:Are spell checkers something you need to pay for to use in your software so the good ones are very expensive?

You named it. The one BlogDesk uses costs several hundred dollars.

WT

Postby WT » 25.04.2007 17:53

Wow! No problem, I will just use an external one as I do now. Thanks!

Return to “Bugs & Problems”