HTML code problems

If you want to report a bug.
ReneK

HTML code problems

Postby ReneK » 25.08.2007 14:37

Hi,

first i want to say, this program is perfect, it saves me so much timewith maintaining all my blogs ! As soon as i receive my first paypal sponsor commission you get my donation :)

There's only one problem with BD. If you add HTML (F.E. tables, CSS) by copy/pasting it, and switch screens a few times by pressing F5, or edit an uploaded post's HTML, the code is messed up... Some weird tags are beeing duplicated throughout the source, <BR>'s are beeing added after every single line and more strange things.. Please check if you can reproduce this error, i hope you are able to fix it. Thanks a lot !

Johannes
BlogDesk

Postby Johannes » 25.08.2007 15:06

Could you post a short piece of code that would reproduce those errors?

ReneK

some code

Postby ReneK » 25.08.2007 16:22

Johannes, here some code which i tried on a WP 2.2.2 blog, with a standard theme

Code: Select all

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" width="475" align="center">
    <tr>
      <td colspan="3"><font color="red"><b>TEST HTML</b></font></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <td bgcolor="#DDDDDD"></td>
      <td colspan="2" bgcolor="#DDDDDD" height="2"></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <td width="50%"><b>Row 1</b></td>
      <td colspan="2" width="50%"></font>text 1</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <td colspan="2" bgcolor="#DDDDDD" height="1"></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <td width="50%"><b>Row 2 </b></td>
      <td colspan="2" width="50%"></font>text 2</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <td valign="top"><b>Row 3 </b></td>
      <td colspan="2" valign="top"></font>text 2</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    </tr>
</table>

I copied/paste this in BD in the SOURCE mode. After that switch 2 times with F5 and you see the formatting of the source is gone, everything is put in one row. (i have the SHOW PARAGRAPHS tag off, be back on this later). In 'visual mode' the table is also lowered a few lines. IMO source formatting should be left as is in the SOURCE view mode, and ofcourse no unwanted blank lines should be added

Second example, using some DIV tags & CSS :

Code: Select all

<div class="pe_row"><font class="profileicon"><b>:: </b></font><font class="profileheader"><b>header test</b></font></div>
<div class="pe_thickline"></div>
<div class="pe_row"><font class="profiletext"><b>test 1</b></font><font class="membersonly">text 1</font></div>
<div class="pe_thinline"></div>
<div class="pe_row"><font class="profiletext"><b>test 2</b></font><font class="membersonly">text 2</font></div>
<div class="pe_thinline"></div>
<div class="blankline"></div>

Now with the SHOW PARAGRAPHS option activated, source looks fine when switching around with F5, no problems... But, upload it to a blog, and edit again with EDIT POSTS ALREADY PUBLISHED.. check the source and after every line is a <br /> tag added, and post starts & ends with <p> </p>

I had also a problem with a DIV class duplicated every single line, but i couldnt reproduce it again :(

I hope i could explain my problem a little, and i hope you can fix it, thanks a lot for your help !

Johannes
BlogDesk

Re: some code

Postby Johannes » 25.08.2007 16:27

ReneK wrote:I hope i could explain my problem a little, and i hope you can fix it, thanks a lot for your help !

I'll take a look - but I sure won't be able to fix this in the near future.

Return to “Bugs & Problems”