Error -32700

If you want to report a bug.
Haisook
Posts: 7
Joined: 03.02.2007 22:31

Error -32700

Postby Haisook » 08.01.2008 13:36

An error occured while uploading the post.
Error transfering the post to the server.
Errorcode: -32700
parse error. not well formed

I used to post with no problems at all. This started to happened yesterday.
It seems pictures get uploaded, but the post fails.

Any help?

Johannes
BlogDesk
Posts: 553
Joined: 19.08.2005 20:29

Postby Johannes » 08.01.2008 14:31

Does it work with other weblog clients (like Qumana or BlogJet)?

59ideas
Posts: 9
Joined: 04.07.2006 09:50

Postby 59ideas » 08.01.2008 21:14

I'm also getting this problem.

Have not installed other blog system to check.

Info:

Vista, Wordpress 2.2.3, BlogDesk 2.7

59ideas
Posts: 9
Joined: 04.07.2006 09:50

Postby 59ideas » 08.01.2008 21:37

checking
Blog Properties > Publish > Encode Special Characters in HTML

seems to make it work but some character become garbage. Probably some encoding issues?

Johannes
BlogDesk
Posts: 553
Joined: 19.08.2005 20:29

Postby Johannes » 08.01.2008 22:03

Maybe it has to do with installed WordPress plugins. Try to deacticate them for a moment to see if this helps.

Haisook
Posts: 7
Joined: 03.02.2007 22:31

Postby Haisook » 08.01.2008 22:45

I don't have any blogs other than Wordpress to test posting to.

I don't think I have any plugins installed on my WP. I use the free version of Wordpress.com. I can't edit the code.

I've tried to enable the HTML option, but it didn't help.

May be it has something to do with a change the WP team has recently come up with?
It used to work like a charm (especially in the previous version of BlogDesk).

Johannes
BlogDesk
Posts: 553
Joined: 19.08.2005 20:29

Postby Johannes » 09.01.2008 01:19

Are there posts that can be uploaded and others don't? If yes, can you spot the difference?

BTW: I didn't mean testing with other blogs, but with other clients similiar to BlogDesk. It would be interesting to know if clients like Qumana or BlogJet have the same problem posting to your blog.

Haisook
Posts: 7
Joined: 03.02.2007 22:31

Postby Haisook » 09.01.2008 20:22

Issue solved.

I tried to publish a new post with just a 'test' tile and an image and it went fine.
I went back to the malfunctioning post, added a dash '-' in the title and a fullstop '.' in the body and it was published as usual.

That's weird, but I'm glad it's solved now.

Hope you figure out why those things happen (as I read somewhere here that also another users experienced this issue and added 3 fullstops instead of 2 or something like that in order for the post to get published).

Afterall, it's still a great and free program. Thanks a lot for it. keep up.


Return to “Bugs & Problems”