Wininet.dll error 12002

If you want to report a bug.
hdouglas

Wininet.dll error 12002

Postby hdouglas » 23.07.2008 01:07

I have searched for a resolution to this problem when posting to a Wordpress 2.5 blog but although others seem to have encountered the problem I cannot find a resolution.

I have a number of blogs hosted at different locations which has enabled me to do some further investigation. Here is what I have discovered so far.

I have a number of blogs which work perfectly and a few that don't. one clue seems to be that when one was moved from PHP4 to PHP5 this wininet.dll error then started to occur.
I have compared all of the phpinfo() setups for each blog and marked the differences between those that seem to work and those that don't. There are a number of possible options which require further investigation but one common area is the blogs which do not work all have the following set in the php setup:

expose_php SET OFF (working blogs have it SET ON)
and
Register_globals SET ON (working blogs seem to have it SET OFF)

These may be unconnected but I am interested to know what others have discovered to get this working. Certainly although the error is when using BlogDesk, the problem seems to be in the server setup running WordPress 2.5

anyone any further info or ideas?

Johannes
BlogDesk

Re: Wininet.dll error 12002

Postby Johannes » 23.07.2008 01:16

hdouglas wrote:Certainly although the error is when using BlogDesk, the problem seems to be in the server setup running WordPress 2.5

It's always a good idea to test with other weblog clients (e.g. Qumana or BlogJet) to see if they encounter the same problems with your setup.

hdouglas

Postby hdouglas » 23.07.2008 10:02

I have tried Qumana and get the following error:
"Error publishing post:
Error when posting: Read timed out"

This does seem to be something with the server/wordpress setup as it only affects certain hosts. I have some blogs which work, others on different servers which produce the same error. Posting manually through the web interface works without problem

Changing from PHP4 on one of these hosts (which worked) to PHP5 has starter the error occuring.

Johannes
BlogDesk

Postby Johannes » 23.07.2008 10:08

I have no idea how to solve this problem. Maybe you can find a solution on the help pages of other weblog clients. Please inform us when you find something!

Return to “Bugs & Problems”