- BlogDesk searches plugin directories for DLLs
- For each DLL found, load DLL. DLL must implement a pre-defined interface
- BlogDesk calls initialize method in DLL passing in an application object that the DLL can store and use later to get access to posts, configuration, etc.
- BlogDesk calls a get menu items method that returns items to be added to the plugin menu and pointers to the methods to call when those methods are clicked.
- User clicks on a menu item, call is made into the DLL
What sort of plugins would be created? I would love to see an Amazon plugin that allows you to search on Amazon for a book and insert it along with an affiliate ID into a post as either an image or a link. Other plugins could allow you to insert links from your bookmarks, import documents in other formats, etc.
Anyone else have ideas for worthy plugins? If there are not enough ideas, then it probably isn't worth the effort ;)